The College of Arts and Sciences, University of the Philippines Manila has three graduate programs: Master of Management (Business Management/Public Management), Master of Arts in Health Policy Studies, and Master of Science in Health Informatics (Bioinformatics Track). The Master of Management & MA in Health Policy Studies both started accepting enrollees in the first semester of 1999-2000, and the MS in Health Informatics (Bioinformatics Track), in the first semester of 2005-2006.
The Master of Arts in Health Policy Studies is a joint degree program of the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Public Health. While CPH handles the Health Science track, CAS offers the Health Social Science track of the program.
The Master of Science in Health Informatics is a joint program offered by the College of Arts & Sciences and the College of Medicine.
The following are the minimum NGOHS requirements:
1. Good scholastic record from any recognized institution of higher learning.
2. At least 1 year work experience in the related field.
3. Duly accomplished Application Form together with the following documents:
- a. Original copy of the official Transcript of Records;
b. Two recommendations from former professors, supervisors or employers (forms included in the application packet);
c. Receipt of processing fee paid at the UPM Cashier’s Office;
d. Certified true copy of college diploma with the seal of the university and the signature of the registrar in ink;
e. 4 passport-size photos;
f. Essay on an 8-1/2” x 11” sheet of paper describing one’s motivation for pursuing graduate study and his/her view of self-directed learning as a method of instruction, and a description of one’s research interest.
4. In addition, the CAS Graduate Program Committee requires an entrance examination. It covers analysis, verbal and quantitative sections.
5. Moreover, proficiencies in Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics and Computer/Information technology are also required as prerequisites to higher MM courses.
6. For foreign applicants, additional requirements include:
- a. Original Transcript of Records in English. If written in another language must be translated to English and authenticated by the Philippine consulate/embassy from country of origin.
b. Certified true copy of diploma with the seal of the university and the signature of the registrar ink. If written in another language, must be translated to English and authenticated by the Philippine consulate/embassy from country of origin.
c. TOEFL (or its equivalent) score of at least 500 (written test) or 173 (computerized test) if English is not the medium of instruction in the country of origin.
d. Affidavit of support or certification of financial capability.
e. Photocopy of passport (present original for verification).